ASHTANGA VINYASA MYSORE STYLE
Basic parts of how the focus on breath, movement, & intention makes up a Flowing Vinyasa. The foundation for all Vinyasa yoga, Ashtanga connects postures, or asanas, into an energizing set flow that keeps your body moving, breathing, and active through each posture.
Traditional mysore style ashtanga yoga led classes are conducted by the teachers who themselves have been a long time practitioner and teachers of this form of yoga. Ashtanga yoga is an amazingly transformative yoga practice which works mainly focuses on steady breathing and strengthening of various muscles of the body.
In the primary series of ashtanga yoga a student practices a set pattern of postures every time to gain mastery and control over body and mind .This practice demands more effort and strict discipline of yogic culture, hence attracts more serious practitioners of yoga. The role of the teacher plays a very important part in students advancement of the practice as the right technique and approach is essential in ashtanga yoga practice. These classes typically run for 90 minutes to finish the entire primary series sequence and final relaxation.
- Ashtanga Yoga: Learn Introduction to the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and the four elements of Ashtanga yoga; Vinyasa, Ujjayi Breath, Bandhas and Dhristi. You will practice the Primary Series two times a week.
- Alignment and Adjustments: During the class, you will receive a daily focus on alignment and adjustment techniques for the main postures of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series and a few other more advance postures. This class will also include modifications, advance variations, adequate use of props, postures clinics (arm balances, backbends, inversions, among others), and regular hands-on adjustments practice.
THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU
- You have been practicing yoga -intensively and continuously- and want to move to the next level.
- You want to learn how to get harmony between body, mind and soul.
- You want to deepen your personal asana
- You want to learn and practice in a compassionate and non-competitive yet challenging environment.
- Are looking for a comprehensive, safe, well/structured, anatomically precise yet intuitive approach.
- You wish to explore the subtler and deeper level of awareness.
- You are ready to learn yoga beyond asanas.